Homework

Friday, September 19, 2014

Google Classroom


I am always looking for ways to use technology in the classroom.  Today, students were introduced to Google Classroom.  Google Classroom is designed to help teachers create and collect assignments paperlessly.  With Google Classroom students can keep track of what's due on the Assignment Page and begin working with just a click!  I will be able to quickly see who has or hasn't completed an assignment, and provide direct, real-time feedback to students.

First Google Classroom Assignment
Students were given their first Google Classroom assignment today. They had to create a newspaper article sharing something they have learned in class.  This gave me the opportunity to show students how they would receive assignments, receive feedback on their assignments, and how to share their assignments once they were complete.  

Completed Student Work


Here's what students had to say about Google Classroom after they completed their very first assignment:

Domenique:  It's a great way to share my work and get feedback from Ms. Scriven.

Aryanna:  I think it's a great way to share and complete projects.

Malik: I like that Ms. Scriven can return an assignment with feedback and I can make corrections and resubmit it.

Madi:  I think it is much easier than using worksheets.

Evan:  I like using Google Classroom because it saves a lot of time.

I am looking forward to using Google Classroom and I think the students will really enjoy it!