This year all Middle School Magnet interviews, writing samples and activities will be scheduled onat Spring Valley High School. Students will be asked to bring a personally meaningful artifact to the interview. This artifact is primarily used as a prop to put the student as ease and give the interview team a way to personalize the interview. Students will participate in a 15 minute individual interview with a team of two teachers and then move to the auditorium to complete the writing sample. From there, students applying to certain magnets will move to another area for a hands-on activity. More details will come out soon, but for now, please be aware of the upcoming important dates listed below.
- Choice Fair (featuring Magnet Programs, Westwood High School, 6:30 - 8:00 - December 2, 2014
- Choice Application Process Begins On-Line at www.richland2.org - January 6, 2015
- Choice Application Process Ends On-Line: All applications are due by 5:00 pm on January 30, 2015.
- Choice Acceptance/Non Acceptance Notifications Posted On-line - March 18-24, 2015
- Parents Accept or Declinge Choice On-Line - March 18-24, 2015
The Choice Fair and the school information meetings are highly recommended for students changing schools, school levels, applying to magnet programs or students new to Richland Two. Information regarding individual school and magnet programs will be provided during informational meetings. Please refer to the schedule listed below. All informational meetings begin at
- January 6, 2015 - Blythewood Middle, Gymnasium - School Information Meeting
- January 7, 2015 - Dent Middle, Cafeteria - School/Magnet Infomation Meeting: TLC & FAME
- January 8, 2015 - Longleaf Middle, Gymnasium, LEAP & ZooBot
- January 12, 2015 - Dent Middle, Cafeteria - Single Gender & FAME
- January 13, 2015 - Summit Parkway Middle, Gymnasium - SIDI
- January 14, 2015 - Muller Road Middle, Gymnasium - Leadership Academy at Muller
- January 21, 2015 - E.L. Wright, Gymnasium - LAW & International Program
- January 22, 2015 - Kelly Mill Middle, Gymnasium - Kelly Mill, INC.
If you have any questions, please contact our school's guidance counselor, Mrs. Skinner.